Monday, April 18, 2011

Birthday Time ;)

My birthday was so fun today – we had a great time hanging out at Starbucks (the best place to hang ;) ), and just being together.

The past year has been the hardest year of my life, yet one of the best at the same time. I have learned so much about life and people, and have met some new best friends too. It’s been a time of hurt and pain, yet sweet joy and rest. I have never come out and said this plainly in a blog post because the blog is geared toward photography, but let me say it now. I am a believer in Jesus Christ, and have realized that going through the pain and fear of life and trials is always such a blessing – because in the midst of it all Jesus’ love for me is even sweeter. Even when no one seems to care about me, I know that I have Christ and He will never leave me or forsake me, and He loves me no matter what. It doesn’t matter if I’m short, shy, prideful, frustrated, or anything – He loves me. And that is the most comforting thing of all – that He loved me enough to die on the cross for me, taking all my sin on Himself so that I might wear his righteousness before God the Father and be forgiven of my sin. When I think of that, all of a sudden what people have done to me kinda vanishes. I was never whipped, beaten, nailed to a cross…and I never died for the sins of the world. So what do I have to complain about?

So that’s what I’ve been thinking about – every time I have another birthday I always think about the past year and what has happened in it. And I am so excited about the coming year and the ones that will Lord willing follow – I want to be married to the most handsome and godly man, maybe have a flourishing photography business, publish my book, and be with my wonderful friends. (Lord willing to all that, of course!! =D) So anyway. I guess I am keeping up with my resolution to be personal, huh? ;)

17th Birthday 04717th Birthday 06017th Birthday 054

*The reason we’re outside is because we had a kind of treasure hunt this morning…and that’s my brother and I very happy over matching water guns. We’re gonna have us a fight soon. ;)*

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Hannah you are in BIG trouble missy for not telling me it was your birthday!!!!! Well, not really since it's your birthday. Does that sound backwards to you at all? Hmm... Anyways, I hope you had the bestest birthday EVEAH!!! Are you 19 now? Or 18? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Your "blogger friendship" has meant the world to me!!

Emily Grace said...

Happy birthday, Hannah! =D

The past year has been the hardest year of my life, yet one of the best at the same time. --I totally understand!

Have fun with your new guns--I'm sure it will be a blast. =P Water fights are best with siblings. Especially the unsuspecting ones. hehe!

Hannah Rose Beasley said...

I humbly beg your pardon. ;) Hahaha backwards in a good way. =D 17 now!! Yep!!! Awww, thanks May. And the same thing with me - your friendship has been so amazing and such an encouragement to me. <3

Hannah Rose Beasley said...

Thanks Emily!!! =D Hahaha oh yes, we will have fun. ;) My brother and I are very competitive, so it'll be great! =D

Mattea said...

Awww...I hope you had an awesome 17th birthday!! You're growing up so fast Hannah!
Much love,
Mattea

PS have fun with the water guns!!! ;)

Katie said...

Happy birthday to YOU, girl! I hope your day was fabulous! :)

Katie

Hannah Rose Beasley said...

Thanks Katie and Mattea! =D yes, I had a wonderful day...complete with receiving two whole seasons of Little House on the Prairie! =D Haha yep - it was great.